What Are the Key Details Regarding Bushey Meads Schools 11+ Exam?
Depending on your choice of school(s) for 11+ entry your child may be required to sit the GL Assessment tests, which are created exclusively for SW Herts Consortium, of which Bushey Meads School is a member.
Those who are NOT attending the schools cited in the table below must complete GL’s Assessment tests:
|Bushey Meads School|
|Bushey St James Trust (Little Reddings Primary School)|
|St Clement Danes School|
|Watford Grammar School for Girls|
|Watford Grammar School for Boys|
What Is Bushey Meads Schools 11 Plus Exam (Technological Aptitude Exam) Format?
Bushey Meads School offers 20 places to candidates opting to sit their Technological Aptitude Exam (11+ exam). Those who achieve the best results, which are calculated in descending order of scores, will receive a place.
- Split into two papers, both multiple-choice, this entirely optional additional exam is comprised of questions designed to test Non-Verbal reasoning.
- For examples, albeit limited, see here.
- In due course, candidates who indicated their interest when registering to apply will receive further information, more specific in detail, regarding arrangements etc. from Bushey Meads School.
Bushey Mead School have not fully published their grammar school exam papers, nor have they allowed for any exact replica of their 11 plus sample papers free. However, as standard practice, we maintain that it is essential for candidates to have working knowledge of advanced Mathematics topics to cultivate good command over Non-Verbal Reasoning.
To deal with this lack of Technological Aptitude Test papers, Pi Academy strongly recommends practicing different styles of our free sample papers available on our website as part of your preparation:
- For Maths: over 3000+ maths questions with detailed stepwise answers will help your child perform to the best of their ability. Helpfully, every question is segregated as per the topic. To access these see 11+ Maths test paper with solutions.
- Parents/Carers should ensure their child has a ruler, protractor, and HB pencils with erasers on exam day.
Evidently, our tutors, many of whom are Mathematics experts, have written many 11 plus test papers free download, as well as an extensive number of detailed, comprehensive answers. Our tutors’ study these with potential candidates because they are the best resources to gain ample practice in Non-verbal reasoning and Maths, indicative of what candidates may expect in their actual exams.
These have helped many former Pi Academy pupils to gain admission to Bushey Meads School, as well as other prestigious institutions.
N.B. should applications far exceed the number of available places, Bushey Meads admits students in order of priority which is determined by a detailed criterion. This criterion is detailed in full here.
How Competitive Is Bushey Meads School?
As a partially selective school with only 20 places on offer, out of an available 200, 11+ entry is intensely competitive.
Statistically speaking, therefore, Bushey Meads School admits only 10% of individuals. Rigorous preparation and focused study of our resources is a sure-fire recipe for boosting your chance of success.
Bushey Meads School Outstanding A-Level and GCSE Results 2018/19
100% Overall Pass Rate
- 73% achieved C or above grades
- 21% achieved A*/A grades
- 100% pass rate for Vocational BTEC qualifications, with many achieving Distinction Star grade
- 81% achieved over five A*-C grades
- Over 80% achieved at least five A*-C grades
- 1 in 5 students achieved at least five A*/A grade
Bushey Meads Schools 11+ Exam: Expert Tips
As mentioned above, there are no publications of Bushey Meads School 11 plus sample papers with answers which has left parents worried and anxious. Bushey Meads School have stated that special preparation is unnecessary for their 11+ exam, and candidates will have a chance before the test to briefly practice, but we understand that confidence on exam day cannot be attained at the snap-of-a-finger.
Thus, our sample Maths (Non-verbal Reasoning) papers which prioritise difficult topics such as ratio, symmetry, cubed and squared numbers, algebra, etc., in a variety of formats/questions, are highly-important for enhancing logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Additionally, to increase effectiveness and efficiency of your child’s knowledge in respect of Non-verbal Reasoning, all questions from our eleven plus sample papers are segregated as per the topic. This will help resolve weak areas and gaps in your child’s knowledge since our system allows you to pinpoint relevant questions segregated by topic, so that you may practice them.
For convenience, the link to our 11+ Maths Practice Papers is below:
- 11 Plus Maths Past Papers with Detailed Answers (For Maths)
- 11 Plus English Past Papers with Detailed Answers (For English)
To perform well:
- All exam questions should be answered;
- Knowledge should be applied in practical ways to solve problems;
- Quick, independent thinking will be rewarded;
- It is indispensable that practice attempts are within timed conditions since time-management skills are of utmost importance;
- When marking 11+ practice papers, parents should clearly identify weak areas to correct through extensive practice; by extension, this consolidates knowledge and boosts confidence.
Our website offers free 11 practice papers download with writing tasks and solutions, written by our Oxford and Cambridge educated tutors. Equally useful are the 11 plus maths papers free download which we advise students to practise, especially the papers with answers. Effective use of them will strengthen your child’s exam technique, preparing them for a variety of questions which may feature in the examination
Having downloaded free 11 plus test papers from our website, parents should follow our 4-step guide when practising:
- Print the paper;
- Supervise your child, ensuring that they complete the paper under timed conditions;
- Revisit the website to mark the answers;
- Make note of weak areas and then practice more questions on similar topics by revisiting the website.
On our website you will find a plethora of Non-verbal resources featuring problem-solving questions and word problems, all uniquely different. See our highly rated papers below:
- 11 Plus Maths Past Papers with Detailed Answers
- 11 Plus Maths Topic Wise Questions
- 11 Plus English Practice Papers
- 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Practice Papers
- 11 Plus Non-Verbal Reasoning Practice Papers
- 11 Plus online Mock Exams
Avoiding the ineffective and typical 11+ resource providers commonly present in the market, our tutors work diligently to prepare and solve a variety of sample 11 plus papers with answers for our students to practice.
Our tutoring classes expose students to these different resources e.g. 11 independent school sample papers. This allows our students to stay one step ahead of the competition thus increasing their chances of success.
How to Revise for Bushey Meads School?
The earlier you prepare dictates how useful your revision is, so begin preparing by completing our free 11 practice papers download and free 11 exam papers. Focused study of our sample Maths exam papers is an effective way of strengthening Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Below is a revision schedule all PiAcademy students studiously followed in their Mathematics and Non-verbal Reasoning tutoring sessions when revising our sample test papers. Consequently, applicants for 11+ entry successfully secured a place at Bushey Meads School, among other equally prestigious schools.
Please download this spreadsheet; updating the relevant fields provided will help you track your child's progress. To avoid wasting time on irrelevant resources and incorrect questions, subscribe to our 11+ Papers with Detailed Answers.
As our system shows topic wise segregated questions, it is beneficial for practising questions on the same topic in a focused manner. Our subscription service is a one stop haven which supports frequent revision and provides reliable and realistic guidance.
How to Secure Proficient Tutelage for Bushey Meads Schools 11+ Exam?
Our private tutors are dedicated, organised, and adept at problem-solving. Their creative teaching style and excellent communication skills allow them to effectively teach a wide range of children by prompting them to practice our free 11 test papers.
We prioritise practising lots of our eleven plus papers with answers because candidates noticeably improve in skill, confidence, and proficiency, proceeding to then achieve brilliant marks when practising with our 11+ sample papers for Maths.
The marks are indicative of what could be achieved in the real exam; indeed, our tutoring methodology has resulted in a large quantity of our former pupils succeeding in securing a place at Bushey Meads School, among other prestigious, selective institutions.
Be sure to visit our website for more tutoring pages:
- 11 plus Maths courses for CEM and GL
- 11 plus English courses for CEM and GL
- 11 plus Verbal Reasoning courses for CEM and GL
- 11 plus Non-Verbal Reasoning courses for CEM and GL
To avoid missing out, don’t delay in completing this form which will match you with one of our expert tutors; their invaluable experience will be a huge asset to your journey with Bushey Meads School.