What is the 11+ CEM Exam?
Every child at the age of 11 has to take the 11 Plus exam to get admission to Grammar or Independent schools across the UK. Centre for evaluation and monitoring (CEM) is one of the largest organisations which provides formative assessment to around one-third of the grammar schools in the UK for 11+ entrance exams.
Use the links below to access the collection of Free CEM 11+ papers pdfs and information booklets. All of these are completely free and need no sign-up.
Bond CEM 11 plus free test papers
Bond assessment papers have been providing consistent and continuous learning since 1964 for 11+ CEM tests.
Free 11+ CGP CEM practice papers
CGP since 1995 has published a massive range of courses and subjects and is now a premier name in CEM 11 plus courses in the UK. CGP has in-depth coverage of Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Maths and English. Download and practice CGP CEM free 11+ practice papers from below:
- CGP 11 Plus CEM Non-Verbal Reasoning Answers
- 11 Plus CEM CGP Numerical Reasoning Sample Paper
- CGP 11+ CEM Non-Verbal Reasoning Sample Paper
- 11+ CEM CGP Verbal Reasoning Answer Sheet
- CGP CEM 11 Plus Numerical Reasoning Answer Sheet
- CEM 11 Plus CGP Verbal Reasoning Answers
- CGP CEM 11+ Numerical Reasoning Answers
- CEM 11+ CGP Verbal Reasoning Paper
- CGP CEM 11 Plus Non-Verbal Reasoning Answer Sheet
Bexley CEM 11 plus papers
The Bexley tests since 2014 have adapted CEM format for 11 plus Evaluation and include Verbal Ability (verbal reasoning, vocabulary, comprehension) Non-verbal reasoning, English comprehension and Numerical reasoning (Mathematical problem solving). (Previously the test was GL Assessment, Maths and Verbal Reasoning multiple choice). Download the Bexley cem 11+ paper pdf for free:
Free downloadable CEM 11 plus Information Booklet
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Bexley
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Birmingham
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Bucks (Historic. Region now using GL)
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – CCHS (Chelmsford)
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Gloucestershire
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Henrietta Barnett (Historic. School now using GL)
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Latymer
- CEM 11 Plus Exam Information Booklet – Reading Kendrick
More Information on 11+ CEM
Though one can find a good range of resources for children to prepare for CEM tests, CEM doesn’t produce or endorse any commercially available practice papers, preparation materials, tutoring or coaching schemes. ‘The resources that are available to purchase are not in any way associated with CEM 11+. This is deliberate, in an attempt to make the assessment as fair as possible and not give an advantage to children whose parents are able to pay for extra services or resources.
CEM however, produces familiarisation materials for school or areas where its tests are used so the children can get an idea of the look and feel of the test and the sort of questions that might be involved.
Things you can do to make your child prepare better for CEM 11+ is to encourage them to ‘read’ a wide range of texts and ‘think’ about what they’re reading, ‘practise’ maths and problem-solving in everyday situations, get used to working quietly and independently, complete their homework and check their answers.