A quick and detail information for the 11+ exams in 2019-2020 of Sir Roger Manwood’s School provided below for 11+ Parents reference.
Sir Roger Manwood’s School 11 plus Exam Information
- Address: Sir Roger Manwood’s School, Manwood Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT139JX
- Manwoods Website: www.manwoods.co.uk
- Admissions Contact:
- School Type: Co-education.
- Total Number of Students in School: 957 (approximately.)
- Number of Places Available for Year 7 Entry: 150
- Open Days:
- Open Evening for Y4 / Y5 pupils will be on the evening of Wednesday 3rd July 2019.
- There will be three Open Mornings (one in September and two in October)
- Registrations Open Date: 3rd June 2019
- Closing Date For Registration: 3rd July 2019
- Assessment Decision: If you have registered online and provided a valid e-mail address, you will receive your child’s assessment decision via email after 4 pm on 17 October 2019.
- Date for Results: 17 October 2019 after 4 pm
- Closing Date for Common Application Form: 31st October 2019
- Exam Provider: Kent 11 plus test (GL Assessment)
- Ofsted Report: Ofsted Report | Sir Roger Manwood’s School, London
Sir Roger Manwood’s 11+ Exam Date
- 12th September 2019 for children who go to school in Kent.
- 14th September 2019 for children who go to school outside of Kent.
Sir Roger Manwood’s School Admissions.
Sir Roger Manwood’s School 11+ Exam Styles
- The first test will be an English and Maths paper and will take 1 hour. Each section will involve a 5-minute practice exercise followed by a 25-minute test. The English section will involve a comprehension exercise as well as some additional questions drawn from a set designed to test literacy skills.
- The second test will be a reasoning paper. It will take about 1 hour, including the practice sections and questions. It will contain a verbal reasoning section and a non-verbal reasoning section of roughly the same length. The non-verbal reasoning will be split into short sections, administered and timed individually.
- There will also be a writing exercise which will not be marked but may be used by a local headteacher panel as part of the headteacher assessment stage of the process. 40 minutes will be allowed for the writing task, including 10 minutes of planning time.
- Familiarisation Booklet for 11 plus entry.
Access 11+ Past Papers with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers.
School Catchment Area Criteria: Parents need to check the latest updated information on the school website.
Sir Roger Manwoods Social Profiles
- Sir Roger Manwood’s School Facebook Page
- Sir Roger Manwood’s School Twitter Page
- Sir Roger Manwood’s School Linkedin Page
- Sir Roger Manwood’s School Instagram Page
- 11 Plus Exam Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
- Key Stages Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
Other Grammar Schools in Kent: