Summary of the course :
Pi Academy offers 11-Plus Revision Crash Course in Maths.
This course not only revises all the key maths topics but also allows students to tackle various questions by practicing the following exam paper styles
- 11 Plus CEM (Centre of Evaluation and monitoring),
- GL assessment
- Common Entrance Examination which is set by Independent Schools Examinations Board (ISEB)
- Common Pre-Test for 11 plus independent school exams.
The content provided in this course is designed to help students develop the fundamental skills required to tackling exam questions with speed and accuracy under time constraints. And hence, is essential in order to gain a place in top grammar and/or independent schools.
Description of 11Maths Revision course:
Maths: In the 11 plus Maths revision course we revise the basic maths skills required for Key Stage 2 and early Key Stage 3. We also focus on more challenging topics including:
- Fractions & Decimals
- Imperial and metric measurements
- Shapes: cubes, nets, area and volume
- Work consumption
- Mathematical puzzles eg) Magic squares
- Basic and advanced algebra.
Numerical Reasoning: Numerical Reasoning is a key part of 11+ entrance exams ( it comes under CEM style questions). In this part of the course, we practice various word problems and, by doing so, aim to enhance cognitive thinking skills. Thus, enabling students to tackle challenging logic based problems
GL Assessment style of questions and question papers are also covered in this course.
As this is purely revision course covering various topics and advanced maths concept, we also include ISEB style of Scholarship questions to initiate logical thinking and problem-solving ability in our students
Age Group: 10 to 11 years
Prerequisite: For this particular course, we assume the student has already covered the topics listed in the syllabus below and is familiar with the basic mathematical skills appropriate to years 4, 5 and 6.
Course Duration: 1.5 hrs / Week
After every lesson, we provide the following
- Lecture notes
- Homework with the instant marking system
- Past paper exam question with instant marking
Why this course is important :
As a learning institution we believe, practice is key in order to achieve success in 11 plus entrance exams. And so in this course, we aim to help students acquire knowledge and skills in basic as well as advanced 11 plus topics by practicing past papers (including GL Assessment, CEM, NFER) and solving scholarship-style questions (from independent school past papers).
The outcome of this course:
By thorough learning and continuous practice over the course of 1 year, more than 95% of our students, in the past 3 years, received offers in top grammar and independent schools listed below.
Schools: This course build foundation for entrance exams for following schools
Grammar Schools in and Around London:
- QE Boys
- Dame Alice Owen’s School
- Henrietta Barnett School
- Mill Hill County
- South West Herts Consortium
- Schools in Berkshire/Buckinghamshire/Bexley/Surrey/Essex and Reading
- North London Collegiate School for girls
- St. Paul’s Girls’ School
- City of London School for Girls
- St. Paul’s Girls’ School
- Haberdasher’s Askes’ Girls School
- Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School
- Highgate School