Quick and detailed information for the 11+ exams in 2021-2022 of Channing School provided below for 4+ and 11+ Parents reference.
Channing School 11 Plus Exam Information
- Address: Channing School, The Bank, Highgate, London N6 5HF
- School Website: https://www.channing.co.uk/
- Admissions Contact:
- School Type: Girls
- Total Number of Students in School: 670
- Open Days:
- Junior School Virtual Open Days:
- Thursday 20th May – Live Talk and Q&A at 4.30 pm
- Wednesday 16th June – Live Talk and Q&A at 4.30 pm
- Senior School Virtual Open Days:
- Monday 17th May – Live Talk and Q&A at 5.00 pm
- Monday 14th June – Live Talk and Q&A at 5.00 pm
- Access to School Virtual Open Days is via a link sent on the morning of the event to parents who have booked a visit. The link can be used throughout the day from9.00am to 24 hours.
- Book a Virtual Open Day Visit to Channing Junior & Senior School
- Junior School Virtual Open Days:
- Exam Provider: Independent Schools’ Examination Board’s (ISEB) Common pre-test
- ISI Report: ISI Report | Channing School, London
Channing School 4+ Exam Dates
- 1st Round of Assessments: 6, 7, 10 & 11 January 2022
- 2nd Round of Assessments: 18 & 19 January 2022
- Results sent by email: Monday 31 January 2022
- Deadline for Acceptance: Wednesday 9 February 2022 – 12 Noon
Channing School 4+ Exam Styles
The 4+ assessments are conducted informally, like a playgroup session. Girls work in small groups with a teacher on a variety of games and puzzles in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere for one hour. Successful candidates are recalled for a second assessment shortly afterwards, again to work in small groups with a member of staff for an hour. Offers are sent out on a date agreed by members of the North London Independent Girls’ Schools Consortium.
Channing School 11+ Exam Dates
- Closing date for applications: Mid November 2021
- 11+ Examination: Mid January 2022
- 11+ Interviews will take place: January 2022 for all candidates
- Result of application emailed to parents: February 2022
- Closing date for Acceptance of offer: March 2022
Channing School 11+ Exam Styles
- The tests take about two-and-a-half hours to complete (English 25 minutes, mathematics 50 minutes, non-verbal reasoning 32 minutes, verbal reasoning 36 minutes) and can be taken together or at separate times, either in the candidate's own school or at the senior school for which he or she is entered.
- verbal reasoning question styles include common words, antonyms, word combinations, letter transfer, number codes
- non-verbal reasoning question styles include shape analogies, classes like horizontal codes
- English question styles include reading comprehension, sentence completion, spelling and punctuation
- mathematics content is in line with the National Curriculum; candidates are assessed on National Curriculum topics taught up to the end of Year 5
- A familiarisation test is available which demonstrates the look and feel of the tests.
Access 11+ Past Papers with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers.
Must Practice these time tested 11+ ISEB style practice Papers.
School Catchment Area Criteria: Parents need to check the latest updated information on the school website.
- From 1 September 2020
- Junior School – £6,420 per term, £19,260 per annum
- Senior School – £7,100 per term, £21,300 per annum
- Extra-curricular Charges
- Junior School Music tuition- £340 per term
- Senior School Music tuition – £390 per term
- LAMDA lessons – £180 per term