A quick and detail information for the 11+ exams in 2020-2021 of Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School provided below for 11+ Parents reference.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School 11 plus Exam Information
- Address: Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Abbey Place, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7BQ
- QEGS Faversham Website: www.queenelizabeths.kent.sch.uk
- Admissions Contact:
- School Type: Co-education
- Total Number of Students in school: 984
- Number of Places Available for Year 7 Entry: 140
- Open Days:
- Open Mornings:
- Tuesday 20th October 09:00 – 12:00 – Headteacher’s Presentation 10:35
- Friday 23rd October 09:00 – 12:00 – Headteacher’s Presentation 10:35
- Open Evening:
- Thursday 15th October – 18:00 – 20:00 – Headteacher’s Presentations 18:00 and 18:45
- Registrations Open Date: June 2020 (TBC)
- Closing date For Registration: 1 July 2020
- Assessment Decision: If you have registered online and provided a valid e-mail address, you will receive your child’s assessment decision via email in 4pm 26 November 2020
- Closing date for Common Application Form: 31st October 2020
- Date for Results: 26 November 2020
- Exam Provider: Kent 11 plus test (GL Assessment)
- Ofsted Report: Ofsted Report | Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, London
Queen Elizabeth School Faversham 11+ Exam Date
- 15 October 2020 for children who go to school in Kent (amended from 10 September 2020)
- 17 October 2020 for children who go to school outside of Kent (amended from 12 September 2020)
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Faversham 11+ Exam Styles
- The first test will be an English and Maths paper and will take 1 hour. Each section will involve a 5-minute practice exercise followed by a 25-minute test. The English section will involve a comprehension exercise as well as some additional questions drawn from a set designed to test literacy skills.
- The second test will be a reasoning paper. It will take about 1 hour, including the practice sections and questions. It will contain a verbal reasoning section and a non-verbal reasoning section of roughly the same length. The non-verbal reasoning will be split into short sections, administered and timed individually.
- There will also be a writing exercise which will not be marked but may be used by a local headteacher panel as part of the headteacher assessment stage of the process. 40 minutes will be allowed for the writing task, including 10 minutes of planning time.
- Familiarisation Booklet for 11 plus entry.
Access 11+ Past Papers with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers.
Must Practice these time tested 11+ GL Assessment style practice Papers along with Multiple choice Answer sheet.
School Catchment Area Criteria: Parents need to check the latest updated information on the school website.\
QEGS Faversham Social Profiles
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School Facebook Page
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School Twitter Page
- 11 Plus Exam Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
- Key Stages Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
Other Grammar Schools in Kent: