A quick and detail information for the 11+ exams in 2019-2020 of Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School provided below for 11+ Parents reference.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School 11 plus Exam Information
- Address: Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Abbey Place, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7BQ
- QEGS Faversham Website: www.queenelizabeths.kent.sch.uk
- Admissions Contact:
- School Type: Co-education
- Total Number of Students in school: 984
- Number of Places Available for Year 7 Entry: 140
- Open Days: Open Mornings: October 2019 (TBC)
- Registrations Open Date: 3rd June 2019
- Closing date For Registration: 3rd July 2019
- Assessment Decision: If you have registered online and provided a valid e-mail address, you will receive your child’s assessment decision via email after 4 pm on 17 October 2019.
- Closing date for Common Application Form: 31st October 2019
- Date for Results: 17 October 2019 after 4 pm
- Exam Provider: Kent 11 plus test (GL Assessment)
- Ofsted Report: Ofsted Report | Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, London
Queen Elizabeth School Faversham 11+ Exam Date
- 12th September 2019 for children who go to school in Kent.
- 14th September 2019 for children who go to school outside of Kent.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Faversham 11+ Exam Styles
- .The first test will be an English and Maths paper and will take 1 hour. Each section will involve a 5-minute practice exercise followed by a 25-minute test. The English section will involve a comprehension exercise as well as some additional questions drawn from a set designed to test literacy skills.
- The second test will be a reasoning paper. It will take about 1 hour, including the practice sections and questions. It will contain a verbal reasoning section and a non-verbal reasoning section of roughly the same length. The non-verbal reasoning will be split into short sections, administered and timed individually.
- There will also be a writing exercise which will not be marked but may be used by a local headteacher panel as part of the headteacher assessment stage of the process. 40 minutes will be allowed for the writing task, including 10 minutes of planning time.
- Familiarisation Booklet for 11 plus entry.
Access 11+ Past Papers with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers.
School Catchment Area Criteria: Parents need to check the latest updated information on the school website.
QEGS Faversham Social Profiles
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School Facebook Page
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School Twitter Page
- 11 Plus Exam Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
- Key Stages Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
Other Grammar Schools in Kent: