Summary of the course:
Year 3, 11-plus beginner course builds strong foundation required for 11 plus Grammar and Independent School Exam preparation.
Description of 11- Plus Maths Year 3 Beginner Course
Following topics are covered:
· Addition & Subtraction(Up to 3 digits numbers)
· Multiplication of 3 digit by 1,2, 3 digit numbers
· Divisions of 3 digit by 1 digit numbers(Long divisions)
· Multi step word problems involving all above operations is the highlight of this course
· Fraction basic concepts, reduction of fractions, equivalent fractions
· Fraction Addition & Subtraction
· Fraction word problems
· Shaded & Unshaded areas
· Length/Mass/Capacity measurement using practical examples
· Conversions, Word problems
· Time Measurements including word problems
· Properties of Shapes 2D and 3D Shapes
· Area and perimeter concepts
· Interpret and Present Data using Bar charts/Pictograms/Pie charts
· We teach techniques to remember times tables up to 12
· Classroom Quizzes on Time Tables
· 10 minutes mental maths test to improve speed, accuracy and confidence
· We build logic and initiate independent thinking to crack puzzles. This is important for 11 plus exam preparation
Maths challenging topics: For more able children, in our scholarship batches we focus on advanced topics like algebra, advanced geometry concepts, rapid tests to challenge pupil’s ability to eventually crack scholarship questions in 11 plus exam.
Prerequisite: In this course we assume here the student attending this course is well versed with Key Stage 1 fundamentals in Maths. The student must now the times tables up to 9.
Course Duration: 1.5 hours / Week
After every lesson we provide the following
- Lecture notes
- Homework with an instant marking system
- Past paper exam question with instant marking
Why this course is important?
As you can see from syllabus we are building complete foundation in year 3 itself in order to avoid last minute preparation for 11plus.
There is no pressure in this year and it becomes enjoyable experience for your child.
Outcome of this course:
In our past experiences the students who have completed this course have successfully scored more than 90%. In addition, the students who started from year 3 demonstrated a high chance of achieving places in top independent grammar school through slow and steady work.
This course builds solid foundation for 11plus exam preparation and allows students to solve 11 plus exam papers confidently under time pressure.
All our parents recommended this course to their families and friends.
Schools: This course build foundation for entrance exams for following schools
Grammar Schools in and Around London:
- QE Boys
- Dame Alice Owen’s School
- Henrietta Barnett School
- Mill Hill County
- South West Herts Consortium
- Schools in Berkshire/Buckinghamshire/Bexley/Surrey/Essex and Reading
- North London Collegiate School for girls
- St. Paul’s Girls’ School
- City of London School for Girls
- St. Paul’s Girls’ School
- Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls
- Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School
- Highgate School