A quick and detail information for the 11+ exams in 2020-2021 of Mill Hill County High School (MHCHS) provided below for 11+ Parents reference.
Mill Hill County High School 11 plus Exam Information
- Address: Mill Hill County High School, Worcester Crescent, Mill Hill, London, NW74LL
- MHCHS Website: www.mhchs.org.uk
- Admissions Contact:
- School Type: Co-Education
- Total Number of Students in School: 1,700
- Number of Places Available for Year 7 Entry: 243
- Mill hill school Open Days:
- Open Evening: Thursday 17th September 2020 from 5.00 pm – 8.30 pm (School will be unable to welcome parents in-person to Open Evening)
- The school will be adding an Open Event video to the admissions section by the 17th September 2020 which will provide the same information you will have received on the night.
- The school may have to replace a physical open evening with a virtual one. The school will confirm the arrangements at the start of the autumn term.
- Registrations Open Date: Registrations open on Friday 27th March 2020.
- Closing Date for Registration: Registrations Deadline: Friday 15th May 2020, 3 pm.
- 11+ Exam Provider: GL Assessment
- Ofsted Report: Ofsted Report | Mill Hill County High School, London
All those who have registered to take the Technological Aptitude Test, musical aptitude test and Dance aptitude tests should have been informed of their test time and date by Friday 29th May 2020. If this has not happened, parents must email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to the Admissions Office at the
school by Friday 5th June 2020.
Mill Hill County High School 11+ Exam Dates:
- Parents/carers who register for an aptitude test before the deadline on Friday 15th May 2020, 3 pm will be informed of their appointment date and time by Friday 29th May 2020.
- Technological Aptitude Test Dates: Saturday 12th September 2020.
- Notification of Technological Aptitude Test Results: Friday 16th October 2020.
- National Offer Day: 1st March 2020 or next working day.
Mill Hill County High School 11+ Music Auditions Dates:
- 6th June 2020
- 21st June 2020
- 27th June 2020
- 4th July 2020.
- Parents who registered their children to attend the Musical Aptitude Test before the deadline of 3 pm, 15th May 2020 will be informed of their child’s test date and time by Friday 29th May 2020.
- Slots will be allocated at the discretion of the school and requests for alternative dates and times will not be accommodated except for where there are demonstrable religious or medical grounds as outlined in the school’s Admissions Procedures Document.
- Additional dates may be added at short notice to meet the number of registrations received for musical aptitude tests
Mill Hill County Grammar School 11+ Dance Auditions Dates:
- Saturday 13th June 2020 and 5th July 2020.
- Parents who registered their children to attend the Musical Aptitude/Dance Aptitude Test before the deadline of 3 pm. 15th May 2020 will be informed of their child’s test score(s) by Friday 16th October 2020
Mill Hill High School 11+ Exam Subjects:
- First Round Entrance Test in Verbal and Numerical reasoning, followed by a Second Round English and Mathematics test.
- The School receives in excess of 2500 applicants for Year 7.
- The Tests are Multiple Choice papers set by GL ASSESSMENT to be completed on Multiple Choice Answer Sheets.
- The papers each last for one hour with additional time for explanation and practice questions given by staff at the start of each timed section.
- The ability of the pupil to listen to and follow all instructions and to complete the answer paper fully is itself tested.
- The results of both tests will be added together to produce an offer score. No minimum score will be required, places being offered strictly in descending order of each applicant’s combined score.
- In the event of pupils gaining equal final scores, priority will be given to Criterion 2 geographical proximity to the school.
- Please be aware that when you receive your child’s score it is an age-standardised score, School do not give out raw scores.
Access 11+ Past Papers with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers.
Must Practice these time tested 11+ GL Assessment style practice Papers along with Multiple choice Answer sheet.
Number of Places Available for Mill Hill Grammar School Year 7 Entry:
- 90 pupils on the basis of geographical proximity
- Up to 24 technology, 24 music, and 12 dance places
Mill Hill School Catchment Area Criteria:
- There is no set catchment area, with Criteria 2 – 90 places are offered on the basis of Geographical proximity to the school, the distance changes every year depending on who applies to the school and where they live.
- Below are the distances offered places on National Offer Day:
2018 0.916 miles
2017 1.090 miles
2016 0.935 miles
2015 0.836 miles
- More updated information for the set catchment area.
Read more about 11 plus exam papers for Mill Hill County High School Information
Mill Hill County High School Social Profiles:
- Mill Hill County High School Facebook Page
- Mill Hill County High School Linkedin Page
- Mill Hill County High School Instagram Page
- 11 Plus Exam Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
- Key Stages Guidance – Facebook Group for Parents and Teachers
Other Grammar Schools in Barnet: